Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to relax and unwind after a long day. They can also be a challenging activity that requires focus and concentration. Once you have completed your puzzle, it’s natural to want to preserve your hard work for years to come. This is where you’d need the best jigsaw puzzle glue.
With the right glue, you can turn your finished puzzle into a work of art that you can display in your home. But with so many options available, how do you know which one is the best for achieving professional-looking results? In this guide, we will discuss everything you need to know about jigsaw puzzle glue and help you choose the best one for your needs.
Table of Contents
Types of Jigsaw Puzzle Glue
There are two main types of jigsaw puzzle glue: liquid glue and spray adhesive. Liquid glue usually comes in a bottle with a sponge or brush attached to the cap, while spray adhesive is applied directly onto the puzzle surface.
Liquid glue is the most popular choice for sealing jigsaw puzzles. It provides an even and sturdy bond between the pieces, ensuring that your puzzle stays intact for years to come. Some liquid glues are specifically designed for jigsaw puzzles and have a stronger hold than regular craft glue.
When using liquid glue, it’s important to apply it in thin layers and allow each layer to dry completely before applying the next one. This will prevent any excess glue from seeping between the pieces and causing them to stick together. It also helps to use a puzzle mat or wax paper underneath your puzzle while gluing, as this will make it easier to move and flip the puzzle without causing any damage.
Spray adhesive is a quick and easy option for sealing jigsaw puzzles. It’s perfect for those who want to display their finished puzzle right away, as it dries much faster than liquid glue. However, it’s important to note that spray adhesive may not provide as strong of a hold as liquid glue.
When using spray adhesive, it’s important to apply it in a well-ventilated area and follow the instructions carefully. It’s also recommended to use multiple thin coats rather than one heavy coat, as this will help prevent any dripping or overspray.
Other Ways to Preserve Your Puzzle
Aside from using jigsaw puzzle glue, there are other methods you can use to preserve your completed puzzle. Some popular options include framing your puzzle and using puzzle preservation sheets.
Framing a puzzle is a great option if you want to display it on a wall or shelf. You can purchase special frames specifically designed for puzzles, or you can have a custom frame made to fit your puzzle. Just be sure to use acid-free mat board and UV-resistant glass to prevent any fading or discoloration over time.
Puzzle preservation sheets, also known as puzzle mats, are another great option for preserving your puzzle. These thin, flexible sheets can be placed underneath your puzzle while you work on it, and then rolled up and stored away when you’re finished. This is a great option for those who want to keep their puzzle intact but don’t necessarily want to display it.
Tips for Preserving Your Puzzle
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when preserving your completed jigsaw puzzle:
- Wait until the puzzle is completely dry before attempting to preserve it.
- Use a flat surface, such as a large piece of cardboard or a puzzle mat, to preserve your puzzle on.
- Apply the glue evenly and avoid using too much, as it can cause the puzzle pieces to stick together.
- Consider using a rolling pin or puzzle board to help smooth out any air bubbles and ensure that the glue is evenly distributed.
- If you’re planning on framing your puzzle, use a high-quality frame and make sure to secure the back with tape or glue to prevent any shifting.
- Store your preserved puzzle in a cool, dry place to avoid warping or damage. It’s also a good idea to store it flat rather than upright to prevent pieces from falling out of place.
Where To Find The Best Jigsaw Puzzle Glue?
If you’re interested in purchasing jigsaw puzzle glue, there are many options available online and in stores. Here are a few places to start your search:
- Craft Stores – Stores like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and Joann often carry a variety of puzzle glues in their crafting sections.
- Puzzle Brands – Many popular puzzle brands, such as Ravensburger and Buffalo Games, also offer their own puzzle glue for purchase.
- Amazon – The online retail giant has a wide selection of puzzle glues from various brands and at different price points.
- Specialty Puzzle Stores – Some stores specialize in selling jigsaw puzzles and related items, including puzzle glue.
No matter where you decide to purchase your puzzle glue from, be sure to read reviews and compare prices to ensure you’re getting the best product for your needs. Additionally, don’t be afraid to ask for recommendations from fellow puzzlers or store employees.
Whichever method you choose, preserving your completed jigsaw puzzle will ensure that your hard work doesn’t go to waste. It’s also a great way to create a lasting memory of the time spent completing the puzzle. Experiment with different options and find the one that works best for you. Happy puzzling!
Still on the hunt for gift ideas? Look no further than the exciting world of board games! We’ve got you covered with hand-picked reviews for checkers, backgammon, mahjong and more. Dive into the realm of chess and browse the best electronic sets, best wood sets, or the best marble sets. Or spice up your wardrobe with chess-themed apparel like clocks and tables. Not enough? How about a checkers set, backgammon set or a dominoes set? And while you’re browsing, why not immerse yourself in a game of solitaire mahjong? Let the ideas flow as you play!